As I sit here in write this, I have my 3 year old screaming on the top of her lungs which seems to be in my ear lol, because she cant watch tv until she cleans her room. Which, she of course doesn’t want to do. Somehow though I am sitting here still able to focus on this post, and remain calm, which is difficult but rewarding at the same time. I say rewarding because I am able to be patient and am not allowing it to ruin my peace of mind. This is something that I have been practicing because it seems sometimes that peace rarely or never at all comes. So, I have been finding ways each day to create my own peace in the midst of anything but peace happening. Which is helping me to learn to be a peace maker, no matter the trouble that is around me. Peace, is something you definitely need, at least for me, in order to keep my head on straight and actually get through the day. So, when it seems that there is No peace insight, I would encourage you to find things that make you feel at peace. Go to a place within yourself that no one knows, a place where no matter what or who tries to disturb it,they cant, because you are the CONTROLLER OF YOUR PEACE! Seeking to create your peace will begin to develop a mindset to see you through it The ability of peace comes from you yourself beginning to seek it.
There are many reasons one may not be at peace. These reasons could be things like; overwhelming demand of life, battling emotional struggles, emotional baggage. regrets, fear/negative self talk, and toxic family/environments, just to name a few.
What happens to our inner self when we are not at peace because of these external things?
Well, I know that you’ve heard ” How you present yourself on the outside, reflects how you feel on the inside”.
That’s exactly what begins to happen, negative symptoms you can see or feel when your not at peace are:
- lack of energy
- lack of motivation
- easily annoyed/irritated
- feeling hopeless
- lack of control
Basically, you can see that not having peace in your life most certainly begins to wear on you physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. It may even cause you to halt doing things that you love.
So what is peace? Why is it so important?
By definition peace is freedom from disturbance, quiet, and tranquility.
However, to me this seems surface level and very vague. In being that I’ve had plenty of unpeaceful times in my life, I’ve come to realize that peace is more than the absence of noise.
It is a non explainable calm carrying of oneself that effectively allows them to perceive, and receive the external things around them without sacrificing their own joy or being. It’s being completely whole in acceptance of all that you are, have been, and will be despite the external things that attempt to tell you otherwise.
We all have had instances where we have been in a good mood and then someone purposefully tries to ruin it. When people are miserable, they will do what they can to make you miserable. You know ” misery loves company.”
So here is how to not only obtain inner peace but also how to protect it.
I have listed below some ideas that can begin to spark your inner peace that can not be disturbed. This is something that does take practice doing each day, almost like mediation.
16 Ideas To Help You Find Inner Peace
1.Sit in Nature – Nature is a creation just like we are. Sitting listening to the birds, feeling wind blow on your face, or even smelling flowers. It will contribute to a tranquil peace.
2. Find a relaxing scent- Lavender is one of the most relaxing scents. You could get lavender candles or even add a little lavender to your bath.
3. Listen to music- Music is definitely soothing to the soul. Just think about how many times you were in a bad mood and you put on music and felt a lot better. Obviously listening to music that promotes a more positive sound will aid in more peace.
4.Dance- Is a release of built up energy. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to dance, its the release and expression of yourself that matters. Put on some tunes and start a dance party in your living room
5. Do something New- Maybe we don’t have peace because we are stuck in a routine. Do that thing you’ve been telling yourself that you are going to do. Be spontaneous, you never know if the thing you have been putting off is the one thing leading you to more peace.
6.Write/ Draw- Expression is so important in obtaining peace. We must release what we have within. Even if you don’t think you can draw or write just do what it is that you can. It’s not so much the writing or drawing itself, but that you are not suppressing your emotions.
7. Meditate- Out of everything on this list, meditation is the most important. It allows you to sit in silence and become one with who you are. It also helps you to look at thoughts or concerns in your life that you maybe needing to address. I often like to meditate on my positive affirmations or I AM statements.
8. Read- Lets just say that reading about peace will give us more wisdom into how to obtain. Even if you don’t read a book about something that you are struggling with, just being able to put your mind in another world will give you relief.
9. Take some ME time- This is probably the second most important on this list. Because if we don’t give time to ourselves, we will slowly be running on empty. Being able to spend time to rejuvenate yourself, helps in dealing with everything else.
10. Exercise- The release of happy endorphin. You don’t have to be a fitness fanatic to get the peace it brings. Just even a walk around the neighborhood, a few at home exercises can help you feel and look a lot better.
11. Do Yoga- Stretching your body and relaxing your mind.
12.Read your bible- For those who are believers, reading bible verses on peace can teach you not only how to be in it but to keep it.
13. Volunteer – There is no better feeling then helping someone else with their problems. Seeing those who maybe less fortunate will help you to have peace and gratefulness for all you have.
14. Confront any negative emotions or preconditioned beliefs hindering you – Sometimes its the past, and our own negative subconscious that stops us from having peace. What thoughts have been negatively pressing on your mind? These are things that you should address and move forward in.
15. Paint – Nothing like a paintbrush to a canvas. The best thing about painting is there are no rules. Do what makes your soul feel good.
16. Practice Deep Body Breaths – Can teach you to slow down, and be in the moment. Being more aware of your thoughts and body will help you in remaining at peace in hard times.
17. Take a spiritual bath- A spiritual bath can get you back centered. There are many benefits in re energizing and clearing out the negative.
These are not all, just a few i would encourage you to find what works best for YOU!
Just taking the time to be away within can help restore you, give you energy, and clear your mind to be able to deal with the tasks of the day.
Sometimes that requires you to ignore your phone, your kids (short time, make sure their not in danger), stepping our of your box, finding new ways that make you feel good inside
. I believe PEACE is a MUST in a society like we have today. So seek out your peace, and know that if you practice a little of this each day, you will eventually get to the point of doing it all the time and you will be walking in a peace that you can feel, others will see and begin to ask HOW you stay in a place of peace?
SEEK OUT YOUR PEACE TODAY, PROTECT YOUR PEACE TODAY, LOVE YOUR PEACE BECAUSE YOUR PEACE IS WHAT HELPS YOU BE YOU EACH DAY!!!