Relationships now days have become more about relations then about actual connections. It seems as though we are doing it completely backwards. It seems as though love like back in the day is becoming more scarce to find. With so much pushing towards sex, and money over love and relationships, there is no wonder why the divorce rates are high, women having babies with no rings, and people going in and out of different relationships. I look at the love now and questions does real love even still exist. I look at the way woman and men are talking about the opposite sex, and sometimes it seems hopeless for our generations. I ask myself what is it going to take to get back to loving again. People portray and make it seem as though they dont want love, but deep down inside everyone has the desire to be loved and everyone truly deserves to be loved. So, why then are there so many people that are feeling lonely, and unloved?
Is it because we are falling short of our worth? Is it because we are accepting things that we shouldn’t? Is it because we have no expectations of what we actually want in a relationship? No matter the reason we should begin to ask ourselves what we want in a relationship, and look at what we can offer or possibly change to become a good partner ourselves. Below are 43 ways to recognize a good partner. Let me also stress that no one is perfect, so you may not find a partner who possesses all of these traits, because we are all flawed. But, if you can find someone who has a good percentage of these and learn to love them for the things they dont have, then you should be setting yourself up to not only have a good partner, but also a good relationship.
41 Ways to Recognize Good Partner Traits
1. Grateful- Having a partner that can be thankful no matter what you do or do not have. Being grateful gives you appreciation for the small things in your relationships and in life.
2. Optimistic- Having a partner that can look at the positive side of things will be a sure sign of seeing the good in the relationship and in life. So, if things get tough having a partner that sees the good out of everything can motivate and encourage you .
3. Respect- Having a partner that can respect you, differences and all is extremely important. If you dont have respect what do you have?
4. Someone that grows you- Having a partner that brings out the better side of you is always great. Someone that can help make you a better person because they love you. Growth is good, and having a partner that can encourage you to grow is great.
5. Honest- You want a partner that is going to be honest with you, even if the truth is ugly. Being able to have someone that you know is going to keep it real with you is key.
6. Trustworthy- Being able to trust your partner is one of the most important things. You want to be able to know that you can trust your partner with every piece of who you are, and what you have.
7. Good Communicator- Having a partner that is able to talk to you about everything is important. You want to be able to be open, and feel like you can talk to your partner about everything. You also want to be able to communicate well through disagreements as well.
8. Loyal- You want to know that you have a partner that is for you and only you.
9.Loves You Unconditionally/ Accepts your Flaws- You want to know that you have a partner that is going to love you no matter your flaws. You want to know you have a partner that is going to be in it for the long haul.
10.Understanding- You want a partner who can understand where you are coming from. Someone that can be empathetic to your feelings.
11. Good Sense of Humor- Someone that can make you laugh, and take jokes can lighten up the spirit. You want to be able to know that you have someone that doesn’t take everything so serious.
12.Compassionate- Someone that is sensitive towards your feelings and how you feel.
13. Patient- Someone that can patient with you is always a good sign. There maybe times where you cant do everything right when it needs to be done. Someone that can exhibit patience with you, can make it more comfortable and confronting if problems or situations arise.
14.Makes time for you – You want someone that is going to make sure they make time to spend with you. You dont want someone so consumed with other things that they barely have anytime for you.
15. Hardworking- You want someone that is doing something for themselves, as well as for your relationship. You dont want someone that is lazy and basically trying to live off of you.
16. Appreciative- Having a partner that is appreciation, is always good. For your partner to be able to appreciate the small things is a great feeling. When even the small efforts are appreciated it makes you want to do more.
17.Supportive- Having a partner that supports you is like having a rock to depend on. You want someone that is going to support you in whatever you do, and know that you have someone on your side.
18.True to self and true to you- You want a partner who knows themselves. Having a partner who doesn’t change who they are for others is great. Being real with who you are is very important. Also having a partner who is true to you and doesn’t change how they feel about you based on who they are around.
19. Take Accountability- Having a partner that can take accountability for their actions is a sign of maturity. You want someone that is able to take responsibility for their actions, even when they are wrong. Having someone able to do this, and ask for forgiveness shows that they understand their actions.
20. Reliable – You want to have a partner that you can count on to be there for you no matter what. You want to have the assurance that your partner is going to be there for you through the good and the bad.
21. Empathetic- Having a partner that can put themselves in your shoes, is always a good thing. There maybe plenty of times where things happen to you, and having a partner that can see where your coming from is always beneficial.
22. Open Minded- You want to have a partner that is down for discussions. You want to be able to have someone that is willing to negotiate and talk things out instead of being close minded and unopened to your opinion.
23. Committed- You want a partner that is going to be committed to you, and not just burn out the first time a storm comes.
24. Attractive- You want a partner that you are attracted to, whether it be their physical attractiveness, mind, or personality. You need to have someone you are attracted to, to keep wanting to be with that person
25. Responsible- Having a partner that is responsible with their time, money, actions, and etc is a big relief. You can build with someone who takes care of their responsibilities.
26. Family Oriented- Having a partner that is about family, is comforting if you are big family person, and one day want to have a family of your own.
27. Interesting- You want someone that is interesting to you, so that you can have a desire to keep wanting to get to know the person that you are spending your life with
28. Self- Disciplined- You want to know you have someone that can take care of business, and is disciplined enough to resist temptation, and take care of priorities first.
29. Motivated- Having a partner that is motivated in life, can help keep you motivated. Having a partner that is always striving for more is better than having someone that is stuck and doesn’t want change.
30. Generous- Having a partner that is willing to share what they have is important. You want to be able to know that if you dont have it, your partner does. Instead of having the tic- tac system.
31. Plans for the future- Having a partner that is goal oriented is a plus. You want to know you have someone willing to do something with their life.
32. Has Values/ Morals- You want someone that has standards for themselves and for life. Having values and morals can set up the direction of a persons life, knowing they have someone as individual, well for sure set the partnership to have some as well.
33. Strong Friendship- Having a good friendship with your partner, should be the foundation. To be able to have your partner also be your best friend can assure that you have a good time with one another.
34. Sexually Attractive- You want to be sexually attracted to the person that you are in a partnership with.
35. Emotionally Stable- Having a partner that is in tuned with their emotions and can control how they feel, can decrease arguments, and set up the relationship for a healthy connection.
36. Sociable- Someone that can be able to be social when it is needed is always fun and exciting.
37. Knowledgeable/ Wise- There is nothing like having an intelligent partner, that is able to intellectually turn you on, and carry themselves well.
38. No game playing/ Mature- You want to be able to know that you have a mature partner that is not going to play games with your heart or relationship. Having someone that knows the value of a relationship sets the relationship up for success.
39. Willing to Change- Someone that sees that there is always room for improvement is always a good catch. They see that somethings are meant to change if the way there are being done is not working, whether that be within themselves, relationship, job and etc.
40. Has Integrity- You want to know you have someone that has integrity and can be trusted to do the right thing even if you are not around.
41. Doesn’t Compare- You want someone who doesn’t compare everything to someone else. Always comparing can lead a relationship to a halt, because everything you do may not be the same as someone else. But, just because it isn’t the same doesn’t make the relationship less valuable. Having someone that loves what you have and is not comparative.
These are just a few traits that make up a good partner, however dont expect perfection because perfection from anyone is not possible. Sometimes its just about working with your partner, and remembering that we can not change anyone unless they themselves want to change. If you have a partner that meets majority of these I would say that you should be thankful for that. We should focus on the things that a partner is doing right, verses what they are doing wrong. Unless what they are doing wrong is seriously effecting you, then of course I would be taking a second look at the relationship.
Relationships are good to have if you have the right individual to have that relationship with. Know your worth, but be open minded as well. There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, or a perfect person. The most important thing is to love yourself, and love the partner you are with. If you are not with a partner, think about which of these traits are important to you in a partner, and hold that true to what you want. Love is the best thing in the world, but its being able to see it that way that makes love so valuable and beautiful.